Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ok, today was the day I finally saw Dr. White in orthopedics at Fort Belvoir, in Alexandria, Va. My referral was given to me in April and it took this long to get in. Walter Reed has recently closed and they moved those people to Ft. Belvoir and Bethesda, so that and the docs being deployed has put a strain on dependents getting appointments.

Dr. White said exactly what  Dr. Ellison in LaPlata had said when I last saw him. Fusing the bones together is the next step. However, she doesn't do that kind of surgery, so I'll be going back to LaPlata to see what the Doc says and probably have surgery. Apparently the bones are ragged and rubbing against each other causing my pain. She showed me some amazing pictures from exrays today and cat scan when it happened. The recovery is quite long, (off of the foot for three months), so I want to try to schedule it in the fall/winter time. It looks like I'll have another year of recovery.

I'm very upset today, but I keep thinking I can't go on like this. It will only get worse and I'm sure the longer I wait the harder the recovery. Older bones don't heal like younger ones.

Please pray for me. My Mom and Dad pray to Saint Servatus patron saint of foot problems. Deb and Diane have also had problems, sooo... stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment