Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Two Years Ago Tomorrow

It will be two years ago tomorrow, February 28, 2011 I broke my heel!

First a correction the book by Judy Collins I'm reading is called Singing Lesson, not Music Lessons as I stated in my earlier blog. I'll probably be sitting on the front porch this afternoon reading since the temp is to be in the sixties. Can spring be far away?

The day after my last post I was up at night with terrific pelvic pain. I took my temp at some point and decided since it was 100.5, that I should go to the doctor. I suspected it was a urinary tract infection. I tried to treat it on my own, cranberry juice, alka seltzer, yogurt. Anyway, Bob took me on Thursday to the doc and he put me on a five day antibiotic right away saying if the culture showed anything different he'd let me know. I felt better almost immediately after taking the first pill. Bob delayed his trip one day and by Saturday I was feeling normal.

My little toe has been twitching quite a bit and at one point was driving me crazy, but I think the nerve they messed with during surgery must be healing. Otherwise I have no pain and this is good.

Saturday, Stephanie, Sam, Bella and Vincent made a much needed visit. We baked Bob his "Busick Pound Cake"--he didn't get it on his birthday. Bella, (she loved my hand crank sifter), Steph and I had kitchen duty while Sam had Vincent duty. She is going to be a good babysitter. Her instincts are great. She loves on Vincent all the time.  It's very surprising to me because she's hard to get a hug from.

Sunday was a rather quiet day and I worked more on my crafts. Sara and Mike Looney picked me up for lunch at The Lighthouse Thai Restaurant. Yummy! It was good to get out. Sara then stayed with me and we painted with watercolor on upo paper. Very interesting indeed. Not my best work, but it was fun.

Monday Shery Ashley came with lunch and we spent the afternoon working on our crafts and catching up. It was a sunny beautiful day and I had fun!

Tuesday was another quiet day. I have a spreadsheet for people who are walking Tad and I think he's a bit protective. He's fine with some of the people and the others he doesn't want to go out with. I put him on the leash and lead him to the door and he'll go, but boy I've never seen him act like this before. I'm sure he's very confused with all the fuss and Bob being gone.

Today will be another quiet day and I'm determined to finish a needlepoint pillow I've been working on forever. I've made some big mistakes, but I think if I can just get the edges finished no one will notice. It's been a very frustrating project though. At times I've wanted to just throw it away.

Tomorrow is a new day and lunch with friends I haven't seen for awhile. Life is good and getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment