Friday, April 15, 2011

The Value of Friends and Family

So to this day I continue to pray. I fell again today. Slipped on a wet spot in the bathroom. Didn't hurt myself, but thank God for the air cast. I hate my crutches, but the knee scooter doesn't fit in the bathroom.

Anyway, today I'd like to talk to you about the wonderful people in my life.

First and for-most I must tell you about Doctor Bob. He's earned his stethoscope multiple times now and I've told him our lives are different now and he's picked up where I left off. What a wonderful man I married. In sickness and in health.

Secondly, I can't say enough about my dear friends who clean my house, cook and cook and cook, spend time talking to me, take me to lunch, craft with me, sit and have game days and always make me laugh. Especially Dr Frankenstein and Nurse Ratchet who actually came with a saw on one visit.

I must give a special shout out to a special friend. Joanne Verdin. She took me to the doctor that first day. She continues to pick me up three times a week to go to exercise, (you see we have only manual vehicles). She also has taken me to the grocery store where I am quite good with the seated shopping cart. Good thing it beeps when I back up. What would I do without her?

My family has been keeping me amused with phone calls cards and gifts. All wishing they were closer to help out.

But most of all I thank you all for your prayers. I truly feel they are helping me get through this and heal. God Bless You All!

Now I wait for Stephanie and the girls to arrive for their visit. They, I am sure will help me heal. They should be here within the hour, so all for today and maybe awhile.

Next up--The ortho visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment